9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Reply here if you want a study group subforum  (Read 214 times)

Little Fang

• Queen of Pentacles
  • TT&M Family
  • Obsydian
    • Little Fang Tarot
Reply here if you want a study group subforum
« on: July 03, 2017, 10:03:21 AM »
Let me know if you want to open a study group and I'll open up a subforum just for itl
"Embrace your Darkness, never be ashamed."  - Little Fang by Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks

Chiriku

• TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
Re: Reply here if you want a study group subforum
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 08:37:15 PM »
That would be fantastic. Some decks cry out for a dedicated study group, e.g. the various Arthurians , anything associated with myths or legends, literary decks. In the forum I was a member of prior to this one, I participated in and benefited from several study groups, even if I didn't post frequently.

Rose Lalonde

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »
I'd like to start a Comparative Tarot study group. It's been done elsewhere, but I really enjoy it. There would be an info/discussion thread and separate threads for each card. First post would have a small image of TdM, RWS and Thoth for that card, if that's ok. Thanks!
"Awareness is your refuge. Awareness of the changingness of feelings, attitudes...of material & emotional change: Stay with that; it’s a refuge that's indestructible... It’s practical & simple, but easily overlooked. When you’re mindful, you're beginning to notice: it’s like this." ~Ajahn Sumedho

Little Fang

• Queen of Pentacles
  • TT&M Family
  • Obsydian
    • Little Fang Tarot
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 09:10:06 PM »
I'd like to start a Comparative Tarot study group. It's been done elsewhere, but I really enjoy it. There would be an info/discussion thread and separate threads for each card. First post would have a small image of TdM, RWS and Thoth for that card, if that's ok. Thanks!

Awesome idea.  Done!
"Embrace your Darkness, never be ashamed."  - Little Fang by Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks

Rose Lalonde

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 11:19:28 PM »
That was quick! Many thanks for all you're doing.
"Awareness is your refuge. Awareness of the changingness of feelings, attitudes...of material & emotional change: Stay with that; it’s a refuge that's indestructible... It’s practical & simple, but easily overlooked. When you’re mindful, you're beginning to notice: it’s like this." ~Ajahn Sumedho

Bodhiseed

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Under a Sycamore Tree
    • By the Sycamore Tree
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 09:16:00 AM »
I've got my notes from the study I did on the Tyldwick Tarot (since it doesn't have a lwb). I wouldn't mind copying and pasting my comments here if you think they would be useful. :)
"World, I am your slow guest, one of the common things that move in the sun and have close, reliable friends in the earth, in the air, in the rock." ~ William Stafford

"When I was a young man, I admired clever people. Now that I am older, I admire kind people." ~ Rabbi Milton Steinberg

CharlotteK

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 07:21:19 AM »
Yes please to Tyldwick, I have that deck on the way to me :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Bodhiseed

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Under a Sycamore Tree
    • By the Sycamore Tree
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 07:58:47 AM »
Yes please to Tyldwick, I have that deck on the way to me :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
I will be glad to, but I think I have to wait on a mod to set up the thread?
"World, I am your slow guest, one of the common things that move in the sun and have close, reliable friends in the earth, in the air, in the rock." ~ William Stafford

"When I was a young man, I admired clever people. Now that I am older, I admire kind people." ~ Rabbi Milton Steinberg

Onaorkal

• TT&M Family
  • I'm a complicated person living a simple life!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 09:39:38 AM »
I'd like to resume the Mystical Cats Tarot study soon, but I was wondering about what would be better regarding the first part that is 'already done'.
I could copy-paste the whole thing in one shot, but that could deter people from wanting to join in, so I could split it up a bit? Maybe not copy-paste a card a day, because then I wouldn't be able to resume the study before September haha, but a couple at a time? What do you think?

Little Fang

• Queen of Pentacles
  • TT&M Family
  • Obsydian
    • Little Fang Tarot
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 12:33:59 PM »
I'd like to resume the Mystical Cats Tarot study soon, but I was wondering about what would be better regarding the first part that is 'already done'.
I could copy-paste the whole thing in one shot, but that could deter people from wanting to join in, so I could split it up a bit? Maybe not copy-paste a card a day, because then I wouldn't be able to resume the study before September haha, but a couple at a time? What do you think?
Yes, whichever you feel comfortable!  Perhaps a couple a day to see if people will get involved.  It also helps keep the Unread Posts sectio cleaner, not that I want to make a fuss about that, but some people might care. :)  Opening you a section!

I've got my notes from the study I did on the Tyldwick Tarot (since it doesn't have a lwb). I wouldn't mind copying and pasting my comments here if you think they would be useful. :)

Opening one up!

Bodhiseed

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Under a Sycamore Tree
    • By the Sycamore Tree
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 12:37:52 PM »
Thank you Little Fang! ;D