collapse

* News

You can now reach this forum via the following forwarded URL: www.thetarotforum.com
Expect a full hosting move sometime in 2018!

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Subscriptions Keep TT&M Alive!

Author Topic: #22favs - The Fool  (Read 971 times)

Page of Ghosts

• TT&M Family
  • Small hobgoblin
Re: #22favs - The Fool
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 12:32:46 PM »
I loved seeing this tag on youtube, but I am both camera shy and cameraless. Love the idea of doing it on the forum!

Can decks that aren't quite out yet count? Because I just love the Fool in the Numinous Tarot.

I don't know about others but I think it should be fine. A few of the videos I saw had people giving a special mention of cards in decks they don't own themselves!

Luxa

• TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 05:10:27 PM »
I loved seeing this tag on youtube, but I am both camera shy and cameraless. Love the idea of doing it on the forum!

Can decks that aren't quite out yet count? Because I just love the Fool in the Numinous Tarot.

I don't know about others but I think it should be fine. A few of the videos I saw had people giving a special mention of cards in decks they don't own themselves!

I don't see why not! And I love that fool Lantana!!

@Page of Ghosts - nice choices! And I love the explanations too. I'll have to get on this tomorrow, today has flown by!

Luxa

• TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 10:43:17 AM »
Ok here goes - and I've managed to narrow it down to 4!  :D

The Tarot of the Hidden Realm
The Wooden Tarot
The Wild Unknown
Dame Darcy's Mermaid Tarot

Not very traditional I'm afraid, but The Fool has never been one of my favourite cards, especially in RWS. Though as I progress in my tarot journey I'm beginning to like RWS and it's clones more.

Anyway, I've chosen two colour, two more monochromatic, two people (well, sort of - merpeople and fairies) and two animals. So I think that worked out well! 😀

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:22:55 PM by Luxa »

Lantana

• TT&M Family
  • Seeker of Keys
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 10:09:05 PM »
I'm still feeling good about my choice but I have a few honorable mentions I want to, well, mention!

I love that the Fool in the Sasuraibito is an old man. This archetype is usually represented with youth, but the Fool's Journey can be taken at any age. I like that this card lends itself to the idea that you're never too old to start something, learn something new, or undergo growth.

But for Fools that do have that image of youth, I like the Thea's Tarot Innocence best. The image of a shirtless child wandering in a field picking flowers really speaks to the carefreeness and endless possibility that this card holds.

As for why I picked the Numinous... Well, it's pretty! But also I like the juxtaposition of the rainbow and the tempest in the distance, along with the connection to transness. Coming out and beginning transition are events perfectly encapsulated by the Fool. My favorite part though, is that the Fool is willingly jumping headfirst instead of just blindly walking off that cliff.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can change until it is faced." ~ James Baldwin

AJ-ish

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
    • Quirkeries a Personal Book of Days
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 12:18:30 PM »
I googled fool and then clicked on the images tab

https://www.google.com/search?q=tarot+fool&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3j_fL4IbVAhVU6mMKHcUZDEEQ_AUICigB&biw=1349&bih=618#imgrc=_

and picked the one that suits me today...haven't a clue what deck it belongs to.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:20:28 PM by AJ-ish »

jema

• TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 06:56:11 AM »
I think I once did something like this on my webpage but rarely, like perhaps 1 card every other month and not sure how far I got.
would be cool to continue it and also to see if my first picks have changed!

I might be a bit late but will post something later this weekend
Before going through all 200+ decks I close my eyes and picture the card, what is my mental image of The Fool?

To be updated  ;)
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
Joseph Chilton Pearce

"why play word games with concepts such as 'extra.ordinary' when we haven't even really encountered the ordinary"

Trogon

• Watchful Moderator
  • TT&M Family
  • Tarot Prospector
    • Barn0wl on Deviant Art
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 12:59:39 AM »
Well, I wasn't able to go through ALL of my Tarot decks, but went through most of my current favorites. I was able to narrow it down to 4. The Röhrig Tarot, The Light and Shadow Tarot, the Steampunk Tarot (Moore) and the Sakki-Sakki Tarot. (See attachment for a scan of these 4.) It was very hard narrowing it down, but I could only fit 4 cards on my scanner! :D
The bird also known as "Trogon" on AT

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
 [Max Headroom]

Trogon

• Watchful Moderator
  • TT&M Family
  • Tarot Prospector
    • Barn0wl on Deviant Art
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 04:00:49 AM »
Forgot to add that, like others here, I would also include the RWS fool ... always one of my favorites!
The bird also known as "Trogon" on AT

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
 [Max Headroom]

NerdyShelties

• Watchful Moderator
  • TT&M Family
  • FKA csmith0406
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2017, 10:40:49 AM »
and picked the one that suits me today...haven't a clue what deck it belongs to.

AJ, I like that one too. I found the artist here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/graphixzone101.

I have not been able to go through all my decks yet, and am having trouble making a selection without having done that. I'm kind of a perfectionist, and not in a good way. So in the spirit of conquering some of my not so great faults, I'll make a selection in spite of not having made a complete review of everyone of my decks.  :-\

I chose the Tabula Mundi colores arcus. When I look at the fool, I usually see most Fools lean too far toward the foolish-jump-off-a-cliff interpretation, instead of the starting-a-new-journey-with-innocent-optimism which I prefer. This card also appeals to my nerd-side by showing the Fool about to walk into a wormhole. I love this card, a starting a new adventure card, venturing into the unknown. There are wonders and dangers all around, and the potential for both shows clearly in this card, at least to me.

Bodhiseed

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Under a Sycamore Tree
    • By the Sycamore Tree
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 02:21:33 PM »
Trying to play catch up! Two of my favorite Fools come from the World Spirit and the Tarot of the Radiant Light.
"World, I am your slow guest, one of the common things that move in the sun and have close, reliable friends in the earth, in the air, in the rock." ~ William Stafford

"When I was a young man, I admired clever people. Now that I am older, I admire kind people." ~ Rabbi Milton Steinberg

Bookworm

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 02:56:19 PM »
This is a beautiful one, from Trevisan's Crystal Tarots.

And I love the Wild Unknown Fool.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:15:29 PM by Prism »

Onaorkal

• TT&M Family
  • I'm a complicated person living a simple life!
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 11:26:06 AM »
I am joining super late oops!  :-[ Once again I don't know how come I've failed to check what this thread was about!  :( Well you don't seem to be too far ahead so I'm joining anyway  :)

So, for the Fool I will choose the one from the Marseille Cat Tarot. It's not spectacular, but I find it quite lively, I can almost hear the music, and the mice are really cute hehe  :P

Page of Ghosts

• TT&M Family
  • Small hobgoblin
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 11:45:41 AM »
I really like that cat-Fool! Some people are not very fond of cats in clothes for decks (antromorphism?) but I don't mind really. The Marseille Cat Tarot is very high on my wishlist so nice to see something from it here.

So many nice Fools in this thread!

Onaorkal

• TT&M Family
  • I'm a complicated person living a simple life!
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 12:00:27 PM »
I really like that cat-Fool! Some people are not very fond of cats in clothes for decks (antromorphism?) but I don't mind really. The Marseille Cat Tarot is very high on my wishlist so nice to see something from it here.

I don't usually like cats in clothes myself, but for a mysterious reason, with the Marseille Cat Tarot I don't mind at all! I really wanted to try reading with a Marseille kind of deck, but I was put off by all the typical decks, so I got this one! Also the little images on the pip cards are really cute and fun!  :)

Page of Ghosts

• TT&M Family
  • Small hobgoblin
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »

I don't usually like cats in clothes myself, but for a mysterious reason, with the Marseille Cat Tarot I don't mind at all! I really wanted to try reading with a Marseille kind of deck, but I was put off by all the typical decks, so I got this one! Also the little images on the pip cards are really cute and fun!  :)

I'm a bit intimidated by the Marseille decks and the pips but they look pretty cool and there are some good books on the Marseille style. I think this cat deck could be a good in between when you're used to the RWS ;D Can't remember if it's the Medieval Cats deck or this one that has the 5 of swords as a cat who is standing next to a mysteriously empty bird cage with feathers everywhere...