collapse

* News

You can now reach this forum via the following forwarded URL: www.thetarotforum.com
Expect a full hosting move sometime in 2018!

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Subscriptions Keep TT&M Alive!

Author Topic: What decks (old or new) are tempting you right now?  (Read 1154 times)

Quester

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
Re: What decks (old or new) are tempting you right now?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2017, 04:38:21 AM »
Yea, this thread Can be dangerous to your bank account, but it IS non fattening.

Trogon

• Watchful Moderator
  • TT&M Family
  • Tarot Prospector
    • Barn0wl on Deviant Art
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2017, 04:58:26 AM »
Yea, this thread Can be dangerous to your bank account, but it IS non fattening.

Thank goodness for that! For that matter all of these deck threads are dangerous ... I was looking at another thread, went to look at images of a deck and discovered yet another I hadn't seen before; English Magic Tarot. Another one goes on my wish-list. LOL
The bird also known as "Trogon" on AT

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
 [Max Headroom]

Magickjack

• TT&M Family
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2017, 10:57:09 AM »
I'm both attracted to "The Deviant Moon Tarot" - and at the same time I really don't like it.
Every time I look for something that has to do with tarot, this deck shows up... Almost as if it wants to tell me to buy it.... So odd... Perhaps I should just buy it!?

Anyone tried something like this?
Hi.  I have the border and the borderless Deviant Moon.  I ended up getting bored with it.   I can't even say there is anything wrong with it.  I was never grossed out by it either.  All I can say is it just became boring to me.  Of course one day I may pick it up and enjoy it again but I lost interest.  After getting the borderless deck I then decided I actually liked the border issue.  So as you can see  the Deviant Moon leaves me a bit back and forth.  I think the one thing that bothered me about it was how commercialized it became.  Instead of being unique and different it has become one of USGames big sellers.  I know that s a silly reason to dislike a deck.  Its very popular so it can't be that bad. My tastes in decks are changing as well so this is only an opinion and not trying to bad mouth this deck.  But now the website is selling graveyard dirt?  I stopped visiting the website and ended up missing his regular playing card deck. He is no longer printing it.  It looks quite nice and fell in love with it!  See what I get for being so silly?  Haha.  Sorry this ended up being an  enable de- enable post. 

Genna

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 08:20:39 AM »
Fell in love with Magical Forest Tarot yesterday.

DaughterofDanu

• TT&M Family
  • Wild Woman
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 08:30:04 AM »
The Good Tarot is tempting me. Saw it in the bookstore the other night and almost bought it. But I keep hearing things like it makes a better oracle.
Plus I have the Starchild tarot which has a similar art theme, so I turn down the opportunity to get a copy. Yet here I am still considering it!
Also tempted by the Ostara. That's what I was hoping to find when I checked out the bookstore. I like some cards, but others I'm not a fan of.
Yet the silver edging is so pretty!

EmpyreanKnight

• TT&M Family
  • Iron Knight
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2017, 07:18:22 AM »
I've fallen so in love with the RWS system because of the Centennial Tarot. Now I wish to explore alternate perspectives on it. I already have the LoS Golden Universal, but right now I'm lusting after the Vice Versa Tarot Kit and the After Tarot Kit. I just might have no choice but to slake it.
💜 Amor Vincit Omnia ♣

Lantana

• TT&M Family
  • Seeker of Keys
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2017, 12:11:50 PM »
Dreaming Way. It was a slow burn but after years of seeing it I finally realized, hey, I kind of love this deck!  ;D

Maybe I can score it in a trade... Gotta get rid of my Crystal Visions soon.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can change until it is faced." ~ James Baldwin

Page of Ghosts

• TT&M Family
  • Small hobgoblin
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2017, 03:22:24 PM »
Too many, ugh!

The Ancient Italian Tarot - looks so good, has little keywords to help me out since it's published by LS. Alternatively Il Meneghello has it for a bit more money as the Tarot Neoclassico. Either version is good by me! I lack in the historic tarot area so would be a cool deck to own and read with.
ETA I actually meant Tarot of the Master! I mix these two up all the time. AIT is high on my list but it's the Tarot of the Master that tempts me the most of the two.

Sasuraibito - hopefully I spelled it right. Wonderful art style (art is a major reason I have and want different decks), an indie deck I might take the plunge on. Looks a bit sparse as in not heavy with a million little symbolic details, but I'm fine with the Wild Unknown and I think this has a book or booklet that explains the traditional japanese concepts that are in the cards. So it's sort of like a different symbology based on cultural references, which sounds like good fun to me  ;D

The Goddess Tarot - the old 90's classic by Kim Waldherr. It looks awesome and I'd like to have a goddess tarot as I already own an oracle. I like that Freya is the Emperor - she's such a badass and I like that her qualities beyond sex/love goddess are represented here. She's a very versate goddess. This one seems to combine goddesses from all over the world with the RWS tradition.

... there are more but these are the ones I feel most compelled to get my greedy paws on  8)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:10:35 AM by Page of Ghosts »

EmpyreanKnight

• TT&M Family
  • Iron Knight
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2017, 12:10:06 AM »
The Goddess Tarot - the old 90's classic by Kim Waldherr. It looks awesome and I'd like to have a goddess tarot as I already own an oracle. I like that Freya is the Emperor - she's such a badass and I like that her qualities beyond sex/love goddess are represented here. She's a very versate goddess. This one seems to combine goddesses from all over the world with the RWS tradition.

I have the deck and book set of the Goddess Tarot, and it is a complete triumph. I feel that the majors assignations are very much on point, and the progression of the stories for each suit felt organic and fitting. The companion book is nothing to sniff at either. And must I even discuss the art? I've always ranked Kris Waldherr among my top Tarot artists. I mean just look at her rich, warm oils.

I also have her Lover's Path Tarot and oh, it is one of the most evocative decks I've ever seen. It has a vivid and timeless feel to it, and it pulses with a morose sensuality that makes me want to sigh whenever I behold them.
💜 Amor Vincit Omnia ♣

Page of Ghosts

• TT&M Family
  • Small hobgoblin
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2017, 10:28:40 AM »

I have the deck and book set of the Goddess Tarot, and it is a complete triumph. I feel that the majors assignations are very much on point, and the progression of the stories for each suit felt organic and fitting. The companion book is nothing to sniff at either. And must I even discuss the art? I've always ranked Kris Waldherr among my top Tarot artists. I mean just look at her rich, warm oils.

I also have her Lover's Path Tarot and oh, it is one of the most evocative decks I've ever seen. It has a vivid and timeless feel to it, and it pulses with a morose sensuality that makes me want to sigh whenever I behold them.

Your high marks makes this deck no less tempting to me, EmpyreanKnight! And it's Kris, not Kim, Waldherr of course. I might have to see next week how my finances hold up... I've already ordered one deck this month and I wanted at least one more but I couldn't decide!

Lantana

• TT&M Family
  • Seeker of Keys
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2017, 12:33:57 PM »
Why, why, why oh why did I have to fall in love with the Kitty Kahane...
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can change until it is faced." ~ James Baldwin

isawhale

• TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2017, 01:17:34 PM »
Right now I'm wanting several oracle decks from doreen virtue (archangel, romance, etc) as well as several others by other people. I'm happy with one deck of tarot that I feel connected to but for oracle the more the merrier ^ ^

Queen of Nothing

• TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2017, 04:03:50 PM »
Oh god, what don't I want? I guess the ones at tbe very top of my wishlist are the Witchbone Tarot and Oracle. I love dark decks, and nature themed decks, so that one really calls to me.

I guess I'm on more of a nature-theme kick right now, since before I realized Witchbone was on preorder, I had Ophidia Rosa and Pyhtia Botanica at the top. And I need to get around to preordering that Brady tarot....

EmpyreanKnight

• TT&M Family
  • Iron Knight
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »
The Vampirella Tarot! OMG I want it!
💜 Amor Vincit Omnia ♣

katrinka

• TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
    • Fate Keeps On Happening
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »
Vampi is only now getting a Tarot?
What took so long?  :D