collapse

* News

You can now reach this forum via the following forwarded URL: www.thetarotforum.com
Expect a full hosting move sometime in 2018!

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Subscriptions Keep TT&M Alive!

Author Topic: Quickies  (Read 183 times)

Bodhiseed

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Under a Sycamore Tree
    • By the Sycamore Tree
Quickies
« on: July 16, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »
"Quickies" are two card spreads for when you don't have a lot of time. Here are a few of mine:

Gift/Challenge
1. What is the gift in this situation (relationship, etc.)? What is positive about it, what is the good in it?
2. What is the challenge in this situation (relationship, etc.)? What will I have to work on, overcome, or deal with?

Now 'n Later
1. What do I need to pay attention to or do now, as soon as possible?
2. What can I put on the back burner until things have settled down (but still will need to deal with sometime in the near future)?

Receive/Return
1. What would be beneficial for me to do or get involved in? What should I let in my life?
2. What needs to be "returned to sender?" What do I need to let go of or avoid altogether?

Roots/Branches
1. What is going on that is hidden (or that I don't want to see)?
2. If left alone, what will this produce (consequences)?

Please add yours!
"World, I am your slow guest, one of the common things that move in the sun and have close, reliable friends in the earth, in the air, in the rock." ~ William Stafford

"When I was a young man, I admired clever people. Now that I am older, I admire kind people." ~ Rabbi Milton Steinberg

Glass Owl

• TT&M Family
  • counting 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • My Tarot Spreads
Re: Quickies
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »
The Mary Poppins Spread (2) by Glass Owl

1. The Medicine
2. The Sugar

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down." - Mary Poppins

Bodhiseed

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Under a Sycamore Tree
    • By the Sycamore Tree
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:42:00 AM »
The Mary Poppins Spread (2) by Glass Owl

1. The Medicine
2. The Sugar

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down." - Mary Poppins
Love it! :D
"World, I am your slow guest, one of the common things that move in the sun and have close, reliable friends in the earth, in the air, in the rock." ~ William Stafford

"When I was a young man, I admired clever people. Now that I am older, I admire kind people." ~ Rabbi Milton Steinberg

Bookworm

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Tarot Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »
Thanks for posting these, Bodhiseed and Glass Owl. I love two-card spreads. I like to see cards in relation to each other, but I just don't have time for more than two, generally.

My usual spread is the "Situation/Challenge" spread (or mini Celtic Cross) as described in The Heart of the Tarot: The Two-card Layout -- Easy, Fast, and Insightful, by Sandra Thomson.

Bodhiseed

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
  • Under a Sycamore Tree
    • By the Sycamore Tree
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
Time is also an issue for me, Prism, which is how these got created. Hope some will be useful for you. :)