3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

* Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Subscriptions Keep TT&M Alive!

Author Topic: Lady of the Engines - Steampunk Tarot (Matthews)  (Read 100 times)

Trogon

• Watchful Moderator
  • TT&M Family
  • Tarot Prospector
    • Barn0wl on Deviant Art
Lady of the Engines - Steampunk Tarot (Matthews)
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:40:24 PM »
So, I've been working with the Steampunk Tarot (Matthews) for a few days now.

To start with, I have to say that, in the past 10 or so years, I can't really recall a reading where a Court card has come up and I've said that it specifically represents one individual. I've had them represent certain aspects of a person, or their influence on a situation, but not a "oh! This is specifically person A." And when I was beginning my Tarot studies, there were times when I would try to mentally force a Court card to be some individual or other in a reading, but of course that didn't work. In fact, over the years, I've come to expect that Court cards would generally be more about the things represented rather than a specific person.

However, in my daily reading on my eating issues, I had the Lady of Engines-rx come up in the "blockage" position. (The photo is of the card upright, for reference.) I looked at this card and thought on it a bit, then went back to the issue card, then came back to the Lady of Engines. Got interrupted by a phone call (one of the hazards of doing readings at work), came back to the Lady of Engines. Looked over the "contemplation" card, then came back to the Lady of Engines. All the while, my Intuition is banging against my logical/conscious brain going "hey! Listen to me! Hey! I have the answer! Hey! HEY!!!" When I finally did listen to my intuition - Bang! It's my mother. Very specifically and undeniably, my mother. The woman pictured even resembles her to an extent. I was kind of shocked.

I am not disparaging my mother in any way, but she was ... difficult to live with. As my sister always says; "we don't know what demons she carried around." Fortunately, my mother and I were able to smooth some things over in the years before she died, but there's still things I carry. But I digress.

This is, I think, the first time in a reading where there was a definite, almost absolute, feeling that a Court card represented a very specific individual. It was, frankly, kind of surprising.
The bird also known as "Trogon" on AT

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
 [Max Headroom]

AJ-ish

• Supporter
  • TT&M Family
    • Quirkeries a Personal Book of Days
Re: Lady of the Engines - Steampunk Tarot (Matthews)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »
like you a see (and prefer to read) court as symptoms or clues
with the exception of the King of Coins, they invariably worked out to be Rob's dad.

I love the cards, always a  new way to see

Trogon

• Watchful Moderator
  • TT&M Family
  • Tarot Prospector
    • Barn0wl on Deviant Art
Re: Lady of the Engines - Steampunk Tarot (Matthews)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:52:28 PM »
That is the way I see them usually. Some aspect, or trait of the card applies to the reading usually, or to some personality. This was different. And yep, always something new! :D
The bird also known as "Trogon" on AT

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
 [Max Headroom]